1995 rover 216 Cabrio glovebox replacement

Having problems with your club car? This is the place for asking advice and help on technical problems. Resident experts will be on hand to help you keep your car in tip top condition
Post Reply
Rustwithaberet82
Club Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2026 8:40 am
Location: Faringdon

1995 rover 216 Cabrio glovebox replacement

Post by Rustwithaberet82 »

Hey all,

Sadly my glovebox has succumbed to the ravages of time, UV light and the original cheap plastic degrading.

It has failed at multiple points including the hinges so whilst currently just about surviving with epoxy adhesive holding it together it requires a more definitive fix.

Does anyone know of where I can source a replacement (beige preferred but not fussy).

If not is there an STL around. So I can print a replacement?

Failing that I'll scan it and make an STL that can be shared here.

Cheers

Trav
216 SE Cabriolet 1995
X-type estate 3.0 2004
BMW R1200RS 2017
User avatar
Dorchester
Club Member
Posts: 561
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:00 am
Location: Bioule, France

Re: 1995 rover 216 Cabrio glovebox replacement

Post by Dorchester »

Have you rummaged at scrappers?
Rover 214i cabriolet v16 1994 BRG & lightstone leather
Rover 25 1.4 Saws Tuning remapped 2002 platinum silver
Rover 75 V6 2.5 1999 Atlantic blue & sandstone beige leather
Rover P5B coupe 1968 Arden green & buckskin leather
Rustwithaberet82
Club Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2026 8:40 am
Location: Faringdon

Re: 1995 rover 216 Cabrio glovebox replacement

Post by Rustwithaberet82 »

Sadly so far no joy at the scrap yards, I will continue to search.

I'll scan the old thing anyway, not used one before and work have one so it should be a fun project.
216 SE Cabriolet 1995
X-type estate 3.0 2004
BMW R1200RS 2017
User avatar
Plodder
Club Member
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:23 am
Location: South West

Re: 1995 rover 216 Cabrio glovebox replacement

Post by Plodder »

Have you tried Breakerlink .
They have come up trumps a few times for me
https://www.breakerlink.com/
1991 Rover 416 GTi Auto - Flame Red - Owned since Aug 97 :)
961tat
Club Member
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Location: Lancaster

Re: 1995 rover 216 Cabrio glovebox replacement

Post by 961tat »

I will have a glovebox but not in beige unfortunately seem to be a rare colour 😕 but I am sure one will turn up .
Post Reply